One popular app for Facebook is Socialcam. It is an app designed for sharing videos on your timeline. The downside of the app is that it shares every video you watch and, even some you that you don’t watch, on your timeline. Often these videos can have embarrassing or misleading titles. We here at Frankenstein Computers recommend turning off the “Auto Sharing” function Socialcam’s settings or uninstalling it all together. Most of the time, even after turning of the “Auto Sharing” feature, if you watch a video on your mobile device, it turns the feature back on. Uninstalling Socialcam is recommended. Here are the instructions for disabling the “Auto Sharing” feature in Socialcam.
- First, log in to your Facebook account.
- Next, proceed to the left-side of your environment and choose Socialcam.
- As you enter the application, click in the upper-right portion to choose Settings.
- Scroll down to find Auto Sharing
- Unchecked selected option
- Move downwards and hit the Save button